How to Empower Yourself Against a Growing Health Threat - Electromagnetic Frequencies Emfs
Electromagnetic pollution (EMF) may be the most significant form of pollution human activity has produced in this century!” ~ Dr. Andrew Weil, Leading Health Expert
The amount of electricity in our environment can be overwhelming to think about. Our environment is saturated with invisible EMFs from electrical wiring, appliances, Wi-Fi., computers, appliances, cell phones, hydro and cell towers, etc.. EMFs affect every aspect of our physical, emotional and mental health and contribute to every disease and disorder Many different terms are used when talking about the electricity that is in our environment. You have probably heard them: electromagnetic field, electromagnetic radiation, magnetic field, electric field, microwave, EMR, ELF and so on. It is not important to define these terms or distinguish between the different types of electricity; the important thing is, that all chaotic non-biological electricity is a threat to our physical, emotional and mental health. The term “chaotic” is intentional because some forms of manmade electricity are used for therapeutic purposes. This article does not concern therapeutic electricity. In this discussion, “EMF” will be used to refer to non-biological chaotic electricity; EMF is an abbreviation for the electromagnetic field and is often used to refer to harmful manmade electricity.
Manmade or artificial electricity has been used on the planet for 120 years. Apparently, with the introduction of wireless technology, artificial electricity can now be measured everywhere on earth. Ours is the first generation to be saturated with EMFs. You do not need to be reminded about the pervasiveness, especially in the city of Toronto where we have more than 1,000 cell phone towers dotting our landscape. Our city boasts of having its own Wi-Fi network blanketing the downtown core. The proliferation of electricity in our lives seems to be endless. Merchandisers have started to put microchips in clothing, footwear, and other goods and are doing so without our knowledge. These microchips are designed to send encoded electrical messages to data collection agencies that will track consumer habits. Researchers have already microchipped humans and there is talk of doing so nationwide. In British schools, teachers can already give lessons using Wi-Fi white-boards, and in the near future, hand-held Wi-Fi terminals will enable children to ‘interact’ with a digital lessons. In the words of the technology’s industry group, the Wi-Fi Alliance: ‘Simply put, Wi-Fi is freedom.’
We cannot avoid EMFs in our environment. We can however effectively safeguard our health and heal our bodies.
You may be wondering whether or not EMF dangers are real. After all, there are researchers and authorities who insist that EMFs are harmless. So, many people believe that the subject of EMF health hazards is controversial and needs more research. The truth is, thousands of scientific research papers are published every year that document the health risks associated with EMFs. These studies have shown that all EMFs, regardless of range or frequency have damaging consequences. You’re probably asking why then, are educated researchers telling us otherwise? The reason is simple. These researchers are looking for a direct cause and effect relationship when none exists. Studies have shown that there appears to be no rhyme or reason for the symptoms. Researchers can take a group of people claiming to be electrically sensitive, expose them to identical frequencies and have reports of many different kinds of symptoms. One person who claims to be sensitive to EMFs will have an adverse reaction to one type of EMF but not to another, while a 2nd electrically sensitive person will express no reactions at all. So, the researchers who are looking for direct cause and effect relationships conclude that symptoms in response to EMF exposure are psychosomatic-an artifact created by the power of suggestion.
A good portion of recent research comes from Sweden where they have officially recognized electromagnetic hypersensitivity or electrosensitivity as a medical condition. This is a condition where someone experiences physical or psychological symptoms that are aggravated by EMFs at levels that most people can tolerate. Symptoms include:
- poor concentration
- sleep disorder
- burning sensation
- skin conditions
Dr. Ollie Johanssen, a Swedish neuroscientist has declared, that based on his research, he expects 50% of the world population will exhibit symptoms of electrohypersensitivity by the year 2017. This might seem to be an extremely bold claim. Keep in mind, however, that the effects of EMFs are cumulative, making us increasingly more sensitive to EMFs as we get older.
In addition to the symptoms of electrosensitivity, there are many other physical complaints and disorders that have been linked to EMF exposure. There is also a wide array of emotional disorders and mental conditions that have been linked. The question that next arises are, why are EMFs implicated in so much illness and disorder? Very simply, it is because we are electrical beings with internal wiring. Every bodily function depends on electrical activity. Our body’s electrical system works to balance the activity of our organs. It represents the very foundation of the healing process. The flow of electricity in the body is as critical to the body’s well being as the flow of blood.
Our bodies conduct electricity that enters it. Studies have shown that when this happens, our electrical processes are disturbed, and cell functioning is disrupted. Further, the implications are huge. They range from changes in blood chemistry to impairment of cell and organ activity. A few key points; when exposed, to EMFs, cells react as though threatened by an invader. The cell enters into a state of emergency. The cell responds by reducing the permeability of its membrane wall. This makes it difficult for nutrients to enter or for toxins to exit. In turn, there is an increase in free radicals. When the cell is in a state of emergency, instead of producing water and carbon dioxide, the cell produces hydrogen peroxide and carbon monoxide. In short, the cell begins to ferment. The state of emergency behavior is passed on to each subsequent generation of cells. EMF exposure more than doubles the release of mercury vapor from dental fillings and also triggers the expression of disease-causing genes. EMF exposure damages DNA and interferes with DNA repair. Studies have also shown that cancer cell division is 24 times greater when the cancer cells are exposed to EMFs. There is also constant unending tension in the nervous system, that puts our bodies into a state of chronic stress.
Most scientists agree that the mechanism whereby EMFs impact the body’s nervous system is explained by the principle of cyclotronic resonance. (The word cyclotronic refers to spinning electrons. According to the principles of Cyclotronic resonance, energy is actually transferred from the electrical wiring in our buildings into the nervous system of people within the building.) Cyclotronic resonance causes the adrenal system to generate cortisol, stress hormones, and also causes ions, also known as electrolytes, to get kicked out of the cells. Specifically, calcium, lithium, sodium, magnesium, and potassium are kicked into the bloodstream to either collect in joints or be inappropriately eliminated. These ions or electrolytes govern cell metabolism, calmness, mood and memory and are involved in most of the body’s chemical reactions. Eventually, our immune systems begin to collapse.
There is seldom a single cause for illness. So, of course, EMFs are not necessarily the cause of illness. However, EMFs can be seen to promote and accelerate illness and to interfere will healing. Minimizing exposure to EMFs and obtaining effective EMF protection is essential for healing and prevention.
Based on the research, when you reduce your exposure to EMFs your healing energies flow more freely and the body begins to heal. Your nervous system and acupuncture meridian system are released from constriction. A calmness sets in. The pineal gland increases its production of hormones and important chemicals that control and affect physical, emotional and mental functioning. For instance, there is increased production of melatonin, which is important for sleep, the inhibition of certain cancers and the functioning of the immune system. There is also an increase in overall energy. Cells no longer function as though in a state of emergency. As well there is increased production, uptake and cell retention of important electrolytes such as lithium, potassium, sodium, and calcium. These electrolytes or ions are important for every bodily function. Because your body becomes more efficient, you realize greater benefits from nutrition, supplements and healing therapies. In terms of emotional and mental changes, people report an improved sense of well being, clarity, concentration, and improved anger management. The benefits that have been reported for children show that there is marked improvement in hyperactive ADHD and asthmatic children. There are reports of increased calmness, attention span, and impulse control.
There are many EMF reducing practices. People who are sensitive to EMFs will find these practices especially beneficial. But everyone should consider adopting any or all of the following practices because minimizing your exposure to EMFs is part of maximizing your health.
- Use a wired network instead of a Wi-Fi network.
- Use wired speakers and other electronic components instead of wireless.
- When considering an alarm system for your home, opt for a wired system instead of a wireless system.
- When using the computer, try not to hold onto the mouse and learn keyboard strokes to replace mouse functions.
- Try to locate the computer tower printer and wiring away from where you sit.
- Opt for LCD Flat Screen computer monitors.
- Avoid placing a laptop computer on your lap when you are using it.
- Store your cell phone in a case or backpack or purse where it will not be right next to your body. When sleeping keep it at least 5 feet away from your bed.
- Place your electric alarm clock at least 5 feet away from your bed.
- Electric appliances and devices are surrounded by electric fields even when not turned on. So unplug these at night if they are in close proximity to your bed.
- Instead of fluorescent bulbs, use incandescent or full-spectrum bulbs.
- If you must use a cell phone or cordless phone, use the speakerphone when possible. Don’t use a Bluetooth or earplugs that transmit radiation directly into the ear canal.
- Try to avoid using a cell phone or laptop in a car or bus where the EMFs are intensified.
- Stay 2 to 3 feet away from someone who is talking on a cell phone.
- Avoid using waterbeds that need electric heaters.
- Substitute electric razors and can openers with manual versions.
- Find alternatives for electric blankets.
- Substitute a heating pad with a hot water bottle.
- Washing machines, clothes dryers, and dishwashers have large EMFs, especially when high efficiency. So try to run full loads mostly. If someone is sleeping with the head of the bed on the wall behind these machines, don’t operate the machine when they are sleeping.
- The larger the tv screen the stronger and larger the EMF, sit far back and again, don’t operate if someone is sleeping directly behind the tv wall.
- When using appliances, try to stand 2 to 3 feet back. For instance, when cooking on an electric stove, try to use the back burners more often.
- Children have relatively more brain fluid and thinner skulls than adults, so they are more susceptible to EMFs than adults. A 1-year-old child can absorb almost twice as much radiation per kilo as an adult. Try to teach EMF minimizing practices to your children while they are young so that it becomes part of their lifestyle. Don’t use a cell phone or cordless phone while holding a child. Most baby monitors use digital wireless technology and the EMFs that they produce can be more powerful than living near a cell phone tower. So concerned mothers will want to reconsider using these devices.
- Lastly, support groups that want to keep cell phones and Wi-Fi networks out of schools, public buildings and public transportation.
Once you’ve made EMF protection a priority, you should research and select an EMF protection product that provides the most extensive protection possible so that a single protector will protect you from many forms of EMFs. If possible, it should also be portable. It should also be convenient to use so that you will be able to use it easily and all the time.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1233896
For EMF Protecting Products Visit Here